Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in Williamsport during the winter time, when they’re necessary to keep you toasty. While you know the team at Lycoming Heating Company will always be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to double check a repair is necessary and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to realize the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, go back to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to check if it turns on.
- If everything looks accurate, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and test the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not clogging things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Lycoming Heating Company at 570-244-2510 and we’ll restore your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.