Smart phones are our constant companions, whether it’s checking in on work or checking in on friends. You may not realize that your smart phone can also keep you connected to your home. With it, you can control your home’s temperature and find out when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service.
Technology can be hard to keep up with, but currently there are two types of advanced thermostats:
- Connected. Connected thermostats give you the ability to control your system using a Wi-Fi connection, so you can use your smart phone from work or even vacation to manage your thermostat.
- Smart Thermostats. Smart thermostats have Wi-Fi capabilities, therefore they can also learn your patterns and routines by knowing where you are. This type of thermostat can actually sense when you’re away from home and change the temperature as needed.
You may have heard a lot about smart thermostats recently. As with most new technology, they’ll continue to evolve and become more accessible and affordable. If you don’t have one, now is a good time to start researching them and all the benefits they offer you, namely the ability to closely control your home’s temperature—even when you’re away from home. You’ll also enjoy:
- Easy adjustments. As they learn your preferences, smart thermostats will make adjustments that will keep you comfortable when you’re home while saving money.
- Helpful reminders. In our busy lives, it’s sometimes hard to remember to make an appointment for HVAC maintenance. Your smart thermostat can remind you to change your HVAC filter and alert you when you need to schedule routine maintenance.
- Convenient compatibility. You’ll find that most smart thermostats easily integrate with a wide variety of heating and cooling equipment, so a lot of models are probably compatible with your equipment.
Smart thermostats offer you many benefits to maximize your home comfort levels and give you opportunities to lower your energy bills. Call George Home Services in Williamsport at 570-244-2510. We have several thermostats for you to choose from, so you can be confident we’ll have one to match your needs.