As warmer weather begins, you may be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Williamsport? Particularly if your air conditioning unit is up-to-date or was operating well last season.
Here’s one way to contemplate it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new automobile and never expect to schedule any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or purchasing new tires.
The same affects your AC. It’s equipment that uses fuel and has moving components. Like a car, it can develop leaks and its moving parts can break down.
Having your unit examined seasonally by a Lycoming Heating Company pro can help locate small problems before they lead to major breakdowns. (And cause your unit to stop operating!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your cooling system is placed outdoors, it’s more susceptible to accumulating dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can greatly decrease your equipment’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, you should call a specialist to maintain complicated internal components.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that build up within your unit can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these issues can create elevated energy needs—and a more expensive cooling bill!
- It could lengthen your equipment’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and might even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly energy costs and over the long run, as you won’t have to replace your equipment as fast.
- It helps determine minor problems before they turn into major, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will carefully look at pieces and complete a cycle of AC performance tests. These in-depth processes often allow us to identify troubles before they create major issues that cause an expensive repair bill.
- It helps guarantee stress-free comfort throughout the warmest days. After your equipment is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your system is set to give worry-free comfort. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the smartest ways to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers call for regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this tune-up, your system is open to premature failure and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A quality AC service should have an inspection and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the services we’ll perform:
We’ll check the ensuing spots and parts:
- Total equipment state
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the services we’ll complete:
- Replace air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lube moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Service Immediately with Lycoming Heating Company
This week is the best time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Lycoming Heating Company pros a shout at 570-244-2510 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we come to your house, don’t forget to browse our exclusive offers for savings on your next tune-up.