When it’s cold in Williamsport you depend on your furnace to keep you warm. If it’s been a while since your system had maintenance, you could have a furnace repair soon in your future. Even if your system looks to be working well, you likely need to clean or replace your air filter. An old air filter can stop air flow, hurt your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are quite a few reasons you may need a furnace repair. The sooner you can call for a furnace repair, the better. If you observe any of the following signs, call in an expert, like Lycoming Heating Company.
1. Your furnace is noisy. You might have a problem if your furnace has begun running loudly or making noises you’re not used to hearing.
2. Your blower isn’t operating how it should. Is it running for enough time? Is it running constantly? Does the air flow seem faint? You might have a problem with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Have you increased the temperature again and again but haven’t noticed it feeling any warmer? This could indicate a few particular problems. It could be something wrong with your thermostat. It may be a problem with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t big enough for your house.
4. Your electric bill keeps increasing. Your usage is stable but your bill keeps increasing. This could signal some different problems. Your HVAC technician will help figure out what’s going awry.
5. You smell gas. This is serious. If you smell gas, turn off your furnace at once and cut off its gas supply. Don’t light any matches or turn on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect it.
6. You find water collecting around your furnace. This is the result of a clogged condensation line. It might demand both plumbing and HVAC experts to fix.
You’ll know when you need to schedule furnace repair now that you’re knowledgeable about these common symptoms. The team at Lycoming Heating Company will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.