During the cold Williamsport months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. Nonetheless, if it occurs, a simple call to Lycoming Heating Company will have you back to a warm and cozy home in no time. We’ve got some signs you should watch for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Lycoming Heating Company right away if you observe any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and leave the lights off until your furnace can be examined by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re frequently turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is not the right size for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your utility costs, there are a variety of different problems you could be experiencing. Your expert from Lycoming Heating Company can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It could be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and our team can help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Lycoming Heating Company at 570-244-2510 or schedule an appointment with us online.