Don’t start your summer without a planned air conditioner tune-up from a Lycoming Heating Company technician. We often don’t remember HVAC maintenance or never give it a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner maintenance can help your system operate, keeping you cozy and cool throughout the summer. These annual tune-ups do more than just keep you comfortable, too – they are also vital for your comfort and wallet.
What do tune-ups do for my home?
- Ensure energy efficiency – Maintenance keep your air conditioner operating as effectively as possible, therefore keeping your home more cozy. Air conditioners are investments that need to routinely be sustained, just like any other investment, to confirm that you are receiving all the possible benefits from it.
- Minimize need for repairs – These hot days in Williamsport are the worst time for an air conditioner to break. With routine system maintenance, you won’t have to worry about breakdowns or maintenance in the middle of the hottest day of the year. Our technicians can look for signals and reveal problems for your air conditioner and warn you long before any troubles occur.
- Lower expenses – When your air conditioner is working at its peak, you could see a drop in your energy bills throughout the year.
What will take place during an air conditioner tune-up?
- Refrigerant charge check – Refrigerant levels need to be just right for your air conditioner to be running correctly. Too little refrigerant can cause additional wear on your system, and too much refrigerant will influence how your air cools. Technicians will always look at these levels during an air conditioner maintenance and alter things fittingly.
- Filter status check – Air conditioner filters should be swapped out according to the manufacturer’s recommendations, so the hygiene of your filters will always be checked during a tune-up. Dirty filters force your air conditioner to work harder than it needs to and can also cause the air in your home to look and feel unclean.
- Coil check – Our professionals will search so that no dust or other particles have accumulated on the outside or indoor coils of your system. This dust can force air conditioners to use more energy than required and is important to be cleaned.
- System Operating Check – Our professionals will ensure that all working parts of the air conditioner are functioning cohesively together.
Our professionals at Lycoming Heating Company in Williamsport deliver excellent and superb air conditioner maintenance, whether it’s just a tune-up or a full-on replacement. They are happy to answer any questions you have about your air conditioner at any hour via 570-244-2510.