You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to stay snug no matter the weather. While it might not be the first thing that comes to your mind, getting an annual furnace service is a fantastic way to keep from spending too much on your utility bills and now is the ideal time to get that scheduled. The pros at Lycoming Heating Company have compiled a few tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we previously mentioned, furnace service can help save you in more ways than one. It can help you find small problems before they become large problems, and it can help ensure your system is functioning at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Switching the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees can make a big difference on your energy bill. It doesn’t take long for those savings to really add up. If you’re having problems getting accustomed to the present temperature, try modifying it bit by bit, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will swiftly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the easiest and most helpful things a homeowner can do. A clogged filter will keep air from passing through freely, which will cause your system to work harder, which drives up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors could be the reason you’re losing both heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are great ways to fix drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Lycoming Heating Company technician is over for your regular furnace service, question the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you decide if it is time to check into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without inhibiting your comfort.
There isn’t a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are more ways to save money, but hopefully this will get you off on the right foot. If you need to schedule your regular furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 570-244-2510.